Look what I found on my facebook wall.
The link from the top article is to an article about a school shooting (in California) where a teacher talked the gunman (holding a shotgun) from shooting anymore after he took two shots and hit one student.
The ad is for the former Governor of California’s latest movie. In that picture, yes, Arnold is holding a shotgun with a school bus in the background.
Guns, Hollywood and Facebook ads. A deadly combination. Let’s start by banning Facebook ads.
As a Boston Bruins fan, I’d like to thank Brian Burke for his work done to boost the Boston Bruins to the point of winning the cup.
This is the story of Paul that he would really like you to hear.
Next step, Hockey Hall of Fame.*
* Some old grudge holders need to disappear first though.
Disclaimer: I am on staff with Power to Change and so is Paul.
”If it were up to me, the internet would be a really boring place, but it would be extremely fast” James Warkentin
Ok, I had another dream last night that can use some meaning. It was relatively short (at least the part I remember) but had quality to it.
- Julie and I are married but I am on a cruise without her.
- The cruise is work related. It is at least two nights.
- There was a line up for dinner. It led to four tables without chairs. You kneeled at the table and the chef brought you food.
- The chef’s name was Guy (french pronunciation) Ritchie. Didn’t look like the actor as far as I can remember.
- The meal was 3 dishes. A salad, a very large battered fish that took up the whole dinner plate, and a rice dish with a pancake on top of the rice. No syrup.
- The chef alternated between singing to himself and mumbling.
- After serving a few dishes to the people in front of me, the chef decided to sample some of the fish (just using his fingers.) He peeled the batter off and ate some of the fish and proceeded to cough, look disgusted and spit it in his other hand, then throw it in the garbage.
- He then did that thing with his fingers that is supposed to signify that it is delicious.
- He served the meal he had sampled from to the people in front of me.
- I remember kneeling down and being served. I don’t remember if I ate it or not.
- The last day on the cruise, Julie landed on the ship on a helicopter. (She was not the pilot.) I remember asking why she would come the day we were leaving. Not sure what her answer was.
- I then woke up.
Supper before bed was fish and chips with a salad which was cooked by my mom. No resemblance to Chef Guy Ritchie in my dream.
So I had this dream last night. I have to put it in point form because I can’t remember the connecting sentences. Sorry.
- Julie and I had just started dating.
- I was riding my bike alot.
- Julie also had a bike but did not like to ride it.
- We went to a mall.
- We went to the Doctor’s office in the mall.
- The mall doctor started showing me some clear plastic heads with brains in them. Not jars, but actually head shaped. They didn’t look like they were attached to anything.
- He showed me my brain in one of them and said I was at a high risk of having an aneurism.
- He said that since my brain was already out of my head he could easily do some preemptive surgery before they put it back in my head, but it was an elective surgery. Yes, it was ACTUALLY MY BRAIN!
- It was my decision but when I asked Julie she said it was up to me to decide.
- I told her that since I did not have a brain in my head, I would appreciate her help making the decision.
- The mall doctor interrupted and said that there was a hormone that took the place of the brain when the brain was not hooked up He was unfortunately, unable to pronounce the name of it.
- This was a doctor we both liked.
- I asked Julie again for help.
I then woke up. Anyone able to tell me what my dream meant? Also, should I have said yes or no to the surgery?
We have a few chairs vacant in our home for life group. We will be studying the Book of Hebrews this fall, having finished Daniel and Revelation the past two years.
If you are interested in delicious desserts and eating the meat of the Word of God, you are more than welcome to join us.
We meet every second Tuesday at 7 PM.